1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? get really drunk, graduate, etc.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? don't really do those
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? nope
4. Did anyone close to you die? Caitlin
5. What countries did you visit? the UK
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? a girl maybe.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I guess making it to college and my parties even though they got busted by the cops and security
9. What was your biggest failure? women
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? not really
11. What was the best thing you bought? an awesome sweater at goodwill
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Bennington people
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Bennington people
14. Where did most of your money go? movies, food
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? college, prom, working for yo gabba gabba
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Crazy by Gnarls
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? happier
thinner or fatter? fatter! i gained ten pounds and i never gain weight
richer or poorer? richer, i actually worked at a job
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? take some risks
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? being a little pussy
20. How will you be spending Christmas? with my family the same way we do every year
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? nope
22. How many one-night stands? zero, guess i'm not doing it right
23. What was your favorite TV program? Heroes/Curb Your Enthusiasm/Law and Order SVU
24. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year? yeah sure
25. What was the best book you read? Mutant Message
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? CSS, Beirut, Joanna Newsom, basically all the stuff i've heard at college
27. What did you want and get? lots
28. What did you want and not get? a wii for christmas, but it's understandable
29. What was your favorite film of this year? hmmmmm, Borat?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Well a few days before it i had a party and the cops came and i got a ticket for providing premises for minors to consume alcohol, but on my actual birthday a few friends came over for brauts and i turned 19
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? i don't know
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Not much different i.e. jeans, t-shirts, vans and chucks, plus a few hipper articles of clothing, i.e. tighter jeans, a sweet jacket, etc.
33. What kept you sane? music
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Justin Timberlake
35. What political issue stirred you the most? the usual mother fuckers
36. Who did you miss? my bennington peoples and Duffy
37. Who was the best new person you met? that's tough
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006?
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks
lick on these nuts and suck the dick
just get the fuck out after your done
i hops in my ride to make a quick run
i used to know a bitch named Eric Wright
We used to roll around and fuck the hos at night
Tighter than the mother fuckin gangster beats
and we was ballin on the mother fuckin compton streets
Mon, Nov. 6th, 2006, 02:07 am
so i'm going to be living in orange county, california for my FWT with yo gabba gabba from january 2nd to february 17th at the latest, and i need a place to live while i'm working full time. so if you know anyone/have a secret vacation home in orange county, probably around buena park, that i can crash in for those 7 weeks, i would very much appreciate it as all my leads have fallen through and will need to know sometime soon. please please please let me know. k? deal? i'll be real good and not even take that much room, just maybe some blankets in a corner like a dog.
Tomorrow morning i leave to go to the great east to find myself in college with approximately 550 other students with different agendas and millions of unique thoughts. My stomach is just now turning, this is my last night in my bed, and it will be a short one because i'm waking up to leave my house at 6 to get on a plane by 7:45 to fly to nyc and then a connecting flight to Albany that arrives at about 6 pm eastern time. we will then find a place to buy my sheets and proceed to drive to Bennington, VT where we will stay the night at a modestly priced hotel. we will wake up and groom ourselves in order to get to the campus some time after 9 to move in my 3 and a half bags of belongings and clothes into my new house Perkins. There i will meet my roommate face to face as well as all the other people living in my house. first impressions are bullshit so i'm not worried about that. if i judged everyone on my first impression i would have shitty friends and awesome enemies. this is a very exciting time and i'm ready for it i think. everything is ready to go. if i didn't say goodbye to you officially or anything no biggie, we'll see each other soon enough. time for another four years of learning and meeting new friends and partying and inventing and drinking and loving and hating and experiencing everything that i can fit in.
how am i going to sleep??
so, how's everyone doin? good, good. well, college is getting closer and that's scary as shit. i'm getting my roommate info this week so i'm lookin forward to that. i feel like the clock is running out to hang out with people before i leave, so if you want to see me before we part ways for the fall let me know. ummmm, i've been working in customer service for my dad's office and it gets easier every day but it's still a drag to have to talk to stupid people all day. highlights include hearing fucked up accents and having people from hawaii calling and saying "shit man, we all go to our J-O-B, i'm not blaming anyone, man" and if you've never worked answering or making calls you have no idea how great that is to hear. other than work i've been floatin around, dippin in to see clerks II or to stop by a house party or some shit. and oh yeah, the fucking cops came to my house and gave me a providing premises so fuck them. but hell, i'm gonna be in the tidings so that's exciting. ummmmmmm, fuck my ass, what else. oh yeah, i'm 19 so that's cool, but no one's really asked my age or anything since then and i can't do anything different so whateva. i'm pretty tired right now so of course this entry sucks. aw fuck it. i probably wont be updating too much in college, i'll be too busy on facebook or something or you know, experiencing life, even if it is really cold. peace lovers.
Mon, Jun. 19th, 2006, 11:24 pm
i'm leaving for hawaii tomorrow and i'm coming back the 28th (next wednesday) so you can give me a call or whatever, but i'll be in a different time zone. so put all the good parties on hold for a week, okay guys?
Sat, Jun. 17th, 2006, 02:04 pm
done done DONE!
dear journal and journal readers,
i am done with high school and graduated. i know most of you already have and i don't care cause i'm just glad to be out. there were three beach balls and an inflatable killer whale that were thrown around during the ceremony, wow.
michael zimmer, class of 2006.
Wed, May. 17th, 2006, 10:54 pm
Today at around 3 p.m. at LaSalle, a classmate and fellow drama student, caitlin joy, suffered a heart attack and was found slumped over in the bathroom. teachers attempted to revive her while the paramedics came. students around her started praying the hail mary. she was taken to the hospital where they were unable to revive her and she was pronounced dead. caitlin suffered from Turner's syndrome, a rare genetic disease that caused stunted growth and many heart problems. caitlin was "lucky" to have lasted this long, freshmen year she didn't come for the first 6 weeks because she was in the hospital with complications. caitlin was always full of spirit and happiness and spread it to everyone around her. plenty of jokes were made about her height and size and she didn't care at all about them and just made her own jokes. i've been in many plays with caitlin and she's always been a positive addition. i directed her last year in the one act "words, words, words" in which she played the monkey Kafka. i'm glad i got to know her during her short time with us. when i look at my time at lasalle and how quickly it's gone by it makes me feel sad that she wasn't able to stay with us longer, for it was such a short time. it's going to be a hard day tomorrow, but at least we'll have our friends around us. i went to a prayer service tonight where seniors, lower classmen, adults, and teachers were there for each other and it really helped me and others. her friends spoke and the emotions were just so strong. when things like this happen you really see human nature come out and it makes you feel more human and alive in a way. it's a strange feeling to have such a rush of emotion, especially for something as shocking as this. it's going to be a hard way to end high school, but we'll all be stronger people because of it. it all still feels very surreal, i've never had anyone close to me die and this is going to affect all of us especially at school. it's strange, after this next month i probably wasn't going to see her ever again, except maybe at a very quick reunion, but it's just so strange. as mr. vonnegut says "so it goes"
would you buy a shirt with this on it?
JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR!
LAST WEEKEND OF PERFORMANCES!
THURSDAY (TONIGHT!) FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
TICKETS ARE BEING SOLD IN ADVANCE AT LASALLE, SO IF YOU ARE COMING THE NIGHT OF THE PERFORMANCE YOU SHOULD COME EARLY TO GET GOOD SEATS, ESPECIALLY THIS WEEKEND SINCE IT'S KNOWN TO SELL OUT ON CLOSING NIGHT, THIS SHOW IS GOING TO ROCK YOUR COCK TO THE MAXX!
LASALLE HIGH SCHOOL
11999 SE FULLER RD
MILWAUKIE, OR 97222
Wed, Apr. 26th, 2006, 11:13 pm